San Fedele Market’s
Every Saturday, the suggestive Piazza S. Fedele is animated by antiquarian and handcraf markets.
This square is in front of the Church of S. Fedele (dated 600/700) and it offers all tourists and curious people the opportunity to research ancient objects, maps, prints, pictures, instruments, war souvenirs, handcraft products and more…
In the heart of the historical centre of Como, in the middle of ancients buildings of 1600, open gallery and fashion shops, people can have a look at the exhibitors’ markets, looking for a rare object or for the last novelty!
Prices are never too expensive with a reasonable choise.
Traditionally, on the first Saturday of each month, the appointment is reserved for the antiquarian market; on each following Saturday there are handcraft markets.
From the morning until late in the afternooon, Piazza San Fedele becomes theatre of colourfull markets.
Como Historical Markets
- The Mercerie Market, along the walls from Viale Battisti to Viale Varese, is held Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, Saturday all day.
- The Mercato Annonario, or Mercato Coperto, is in Via Mentana 5 and is open every day from Monday to Saturday. Within this market there are shops, open at the same time as the nearby shops.
The agricultural market of the Como producers, who are present on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning with direct sales from the producer to the consumer of products from the Como area.
- The CortoBio Markets – markets of local and organic producers are held every Saturday from 8 to 12.30 in Como-Rebbio, in the park of the Comboni Missionaries in Via Salvadonica, 3 along Via Varesina.
- During the year there are also picturesque occasional markets and hobby exhibitions in the historic center.
Other important events in the city are:
- the Easter Fair, in Viale Varese, from Holy Thursday to Easter Monday;
- the Book Fair in Piazza Cavour, between the end of August and the beginning of September;
- the Fiera di Sant’Abbondio, in the complex of Saints Cosma and Damiano, for the day parade of 31 August, with the gastronomic saga combined with the traditional cattle fair.